In 2018, Pleasant Hill Recreation & Park District will focus on “The Big Picture”-- a comprehensive Master Plan to shape the future of District parks, facilities and recreational programs offered in the community. To get started, we, as a community, will study and talk about the District’s existing parks, facilities and programs to identify improvements and new opportunities in each area.
All the ideas and suggestions will be pulled together to develop a comprehensive picture of the District’s future and a clear action plan for the next 10-15 years.
The Master Plan process is a yearlong project with an expected completion in January 2019. Community engagement and requests for input about The Big Picture will be ongoing. Residents should look for regular topics of discussion on the District’s website and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
What is your BIG idea for The BIG Picture?
National, full-service management consulting and planning firm specializing in government and not-for-profit agencies
Helped agencies in 45 states and 7 foreign countries through 900+ projects
Worked all over California over several years
- Master Planning
- Strategic Action Plan
- Community Needs Assessment
- OperaFons, Maintenance and Organizational Development
- Financial Planning and Management
- Feasibility Studies and Business Planning
- Revenue & Partnership Development
- Land Use and Sustainable Practices
Established in 1979, RHA Landscape Architects-Planners, Inc. offers a wide range of landscape architectural and planning services to assist public agencies and private developers in the design of variety of public spaces and facilities including but not limited to:
- Regional, Community and Neighborhood Parks
- Recreation Areas
- Public Office Buildings and Administration Facilities
- Street Scene Development
- Preservation of Natural and Historic sites
Over the course of the firm's 39 years of work in Southern California, RHA has garnered a number of prestigious awards from a variety of organizations, including the American Society of Landscape Architects, the American Planning Association, and the California Park and Recreation Society (CPRS).
One of the firm's projects, the General Plan for the California Citrus State Historic Park, was named the Outstanding Planning Project by the Inland Empire Section of the American Planning Association, and Practitioner Experience in the Field Innovative Process and Analysis Community Relationship Management Leaders in the Industry received a prestigious Honor Award from the Southern California Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects.
LEED certified and a leader in the design of energy efficient, water wise parks and public spaces RHA Landscape Architects-Planners, Inc. actively encourages the employment of environmentally friendly sustainable design principles. They encourage clients to use green technologies and design principles to achieve innovative, resource conserving, maintenance friendly public facilities which provide long term budget savings.
This 94-person firm specializes in the design and administration of market research for governmental organizations. Their major areas of emphasis include citizen satisfaction surveys, parks and recreation surveys, community planning surveys, business surveys, transportation studies, employee surveys, voter opinion surveys, focus groups, and stakeholder interviews. During the past five years, the results of the firm’s market research have led to more than $3 billion in new funding for state, municipal, and county governments as well as numerous nonprofit organizations.
The Pleasant Hill Recreation & Park District (PHRPD) is a Special District, an independent government agency separate from the City and other government agencies. The district is governed under the Public Resources Code of the State of California and an elected Board of Directors. Established in 1951, the district provides and manages extensive District-owned parks, facilities, open space, and recreation programs throughout the community. PHRPD's mission is to improve the quality of life for our local community by providing a wide variety of affordable and convenient recreation, sports, health, enrichment, educational and wellness programs, activities and events for all ages.
- Promote an active, healthy life-style for preschool, youth, teens, adults and seniors.
- Foster self-enrichment and personal development in over 2,300 classes, programs and activities.
- We preserve and drive community economic value by providing diverse programs, well-maintained neighborhood and community parks, trails and open space to attract and retain residents, businesses and visitors.
- We strengthen community engagement by working closely with community partners and clubs, coordinating volunteer activities, co-sponsoring community events, and supporting local charities.
- We preserve and protect natural resources of California by conscientiously and proactively maintaining the District's 269 acres of parkland.
- We improve safety and security by providing positive recreational activities and safe environments for at-risk groups.
- For more information on District programs, events and facilities, visit pleasanthillrec.com.